How to Register
As a new student at Tufts, whether you are a high school student, visiting undergrad or graduate or an adult professional, our Professional & Continuing Education team at University College is here to help you complete your registration and embark on the next steps in your education journey. Our team is available Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm EST, by phone at (617) 627-0609 or anytime by email.
Registration Details by Student Type
Non-Degree / Visiting Students
Whether you are a high school student looking to earn college credits or experience college academia, a visiting undergrad or graduate student, or an adult professional you will find the course you are looking for here at Tufts. Students enrolling in for-credit courses may enroll in up to 8 credits per term. Students may audit for-credit courses up to the equivalent of 8 credits per term (typically 2 full semester courses).
Add courses to your cart. If a course has multiple sections, you should choose the section that works for you.
- Find the cart at the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Choose the correct credit type. If there are options, be sure to choose the correct credit type since this may affect the tuition rate. Many of our courses are available for undergraduate credit, graduate credit, and on a not-for-credit / audit basis.
- Create a student profile, or log in, to proceed to checkout. If you are a new student, you will create a username and password which will give you access to the registration portal. There is an option on the screen for password recovery if you have forgotten your password.
- Access to the registration portal will allow you to easily enroll and pay for classes, drop classes, request refunds, and submit applications when needed.
- If you have already paid a registration or membership fee for the year, these fees will be removed from your cart after you log in.
- Fill out an application, if prompted to do so. You may need to fill out a brief application(s) depending on the course or enrollment type you select. If an application is required before registering, then you will be guided to it before completing checkout.
During the process you will be directed to our secure payment processing system so you can pay for your course(s) with a credit card. There is a $65 registration fee per academic year that you will be charged during checkout. All payments are due in full by the first day of the term. Although some courses require payment in full, many courses have three payment options:
- Pay in full with a credit card
- Pay a tuition deposit with a credit card. You will be required to pay the difference via Tufts’ Student Information System, once you have a student ID and access before the course begins.
- Request to pay by invoice. This option is intended for those who need to pay their entire tuition via eCheck or third party billing. Your seat in the course is not guaranteed until an invoice is generated by the Registrar (this may take up to 48 hours). You will be required to pay tuition via Tufts’ Student Information System, once you have a student ID and access before the course begins.
Payment confirmation and a receipt will be emailed to you after your checkout is complete. Additional information may be required to finalize your enrollment in the course. The course description of each course should note what is required. Many courses have no requirements, but some courses may require other materials (e.g. an unofficial transcript, an email indicating instructor approval for the course, a short writing sample, etc.) If your course has additional requirements, you will be prompted to send us these materials at this point in the registration process. All materials are due by the first day of the term. If we do not receive these materials, you will be withdrawn from the course.
High School students: your Courses at Tufts for High Schoolers application will be emailed to you after your registration is complete. Please be sure to complete all required questions. Details about application requirements, admissions, policies, and all program details can be found on the program page. If you have any questions or issues with your application or registration process, please contact the Pre-College team by email at precollege.tufts.edu or by phone at (617) 627-2926 anytime.
Tufts Degree Students (currently enrolled)
For open enrollment courses and workshops being offered during the academic year, matriculated Tufts students will register in SIS and new charges will be placed on their student account in accordance with the fees for the course or program.
For open enrollment courses and workshops offered during the Summer and Winter sessions, students should:
- Go to SIS
- Click on “Classes Tab”
- Click on “Summer Activation” or "Winter Activation"
After registration, summer and/or winter tuition and fees will be added to your student account. Click on payment policies for more information. Changes to your enrollment (drop, add, withdrawal) can be completed in SIS. Please see the academic calendar for more details on timing.
For additional information about Winter and Summer Session and how to register in SIS, visit us at the Student Life website today.
Please note: all communications will be sent to your Tufts email address.
For Winter 2022-2023 only, students should:
Email email@example.com and request to be term activated for the Winter Session. You will receive an email back within two business days confirming your activation.
Once you have been activated, log in to SIS and enroll in a winter term course.
Need More Information?