Take A Course
- For students seeking the full academic experience, Tufts offers hundreds of courses for credit. Take a course, receive a grade, and apply credits towards a degree or certificate.
- Tufts degree students login to SIS to register
- Tufts offers the opportunity to audit courses for students who want to enjoy learning without a grade.
- Sit in on a class, participate, and explore a new passion, or preview material for future academic endeavors.
Workshop / Short Courses
- Get quick skills under your belt or onto your resume or explore a topic in a condensed period of time.
- Ranging anywhere from a few hours to multi-week sessions, workshops and short courses allow students to briefly expore into a specific topic or subject.
Courses for High Schoolers
- Qualified high school students are welcome to take courses at Tufts every term.
- Earn college credit and experience college life and academics
Highlighted Winter Session Courses and Programs
Tufts Campaign School
Want to work on a political or advocacy campaign? Or learn what young campaign staffers actually do and how to get a job doing it?
The Tufts Campaign School, an innovative week-long program that provides students with a unique opportunity to learn how campaigns work, hear directly from industry experts, and explore future careers in the exciting world of political and advocacy campaigns. Through faculty-led sessions, visits from guest speakers, site visits and skill-building activities, students will explore aspects of a modern campaign, including: data analysis and polling, fieldwork and voter outreach, communications and messaging, and campaign strategy. Offered via the Tisch College of Civic Life, this experience will be in-person on Tufts University's Medford campus and is available to undergraduate students from across the country.
New this year: academic credit is available for Tufts students!
Choose from 11 different Areas of Study
Hear from our Students
"Through University College, I was able to sample engineering and project management classes. My great experiences in these early classes proved that I should go for a full degree, and I’m now enrolled in the two-year Master of Science in Engineering Management program.”
Sally B. - Tufts University Employee & Student, 2021
Robert Siegelman's approach of confidence, play and experimentation is exactly what I need right now. Helping me lean into my own ideas, and also stretch my awareness both through seeing a huge variety of work and by communicating with the other students in the class. His stressing a daily practice is also life changing.
Mixed Media Drawing - Student, 2020
As a veteran teacher looking for quality and affordable professional development, I could not have found a better option than this course at Tufts. This class provided teachers with a plethora of resources to be used in our classrooms, challenged teachers to think about their practice and materials, and created an atmosphere of collegiality and collaboration among professional educators. Thank you very much for this opportunity, I hope to return again next summer!
Summer Session Student, 2022
I have been a CE student at SMFA since January 2016, when I first enrolled in Elaine Spatz-Rabinowitz’s class. I chose her Intermediate to Advanced Abstract Painting class, and each semester that I have studied with Elaine has been remarkable. Elaine is simply brilliant — a great artist, a gifted and experienced teacher, and a remarkable person. I am deeply grateful and look forward to continued study in this class.
SMFA Painting Student, 2022