Professional and Continuing Education
- Enroll in any of our 300+ Tufts available courses during the year. Many courses are offered in flexible formats, and can be applied to most Tufts degree programs
- Take classes alongside Tufts undergraduate or graduate students
- Learn from and develop relationships with renowned faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Earn a professional certificate to set yourself apart in your industry
- Visit the School of Museum of Fine Arts - Continuing Education to view current certificate opportunities
- Combine a number of open enrollment courses into a meaningful credential at your own pace
- Select virtual or in-person learning options that work for your busy schedule
Short Courses & Workshops
- Immerse yourself in a new field or deepen your knowledge in a professional topic that interests you
- Accelerate your career by learning new skills and networking with fellow professionals and expert faculty members
- Develop skills quickly
- 1-2 Day experiences for adult professionals looking to advance their skillset
- Opportunity to Network with other like-mined professionals at a top 30 university
Top reasons adult professionals come to Tufts
World renowned faculty with deep research based expertise
Tufts faculty consists of global experts who provide the immersive instruction and live mentorship needed to help motivated and driven professionals like you meet your goals.
Relevant, high-quality offerings
Tufts offers 500+ courses and programs to choose from, covering a wide range of fields and interests. New certificates, bootcamps, and workshops are added regularly!
Tufts offers a variety of course formats and schedules to accommodate busy professionals. Explore our online, evenings, weekends, and asynchronous options.
"Through University College, I was able to sample engineering and project management classes. My great experiences in these early classes proved that I should go for a full degree, and I’m now enrolled in the two-year Master of Science in Engineering Management program.”
Sally B. - Tufts University Employee & Student
I had the wonderful opportunity to take a public speaking course this summer through Tufts. This class was extremely engaging, despite the restrictions of online learning. We began each lesson with exercises, each student would alternate leading the class on warmups, we were given time to produce a short speech to present during class time, and had a chance to watch videos of successful speeches to emulate. Our assignments included recording a draft speech to be uploaded onto Canvas, and we gave comments and suggestions to our classmates to help them improve for the final speech. This particular course opened my eyes to the beauty of speaking in public and the communication skills needed to interact with others. I felt the progress and improvement by the end of this program and can’t believe my development throughout those weeks.
Public Speaking - Student, 2020
I very truly enjoyed the class that I took. The instructor was amazing. My classmates were gifted. Taking the course persuaded me to begin working on my application materials to apply to a graduate certificate in UEP
Tufts - Student, 2021