Winter is Coming
Winter Abroad (coming in 2020-21)
Traveling Seminars to Italy, Greece, Morocco and more!
Dates: December 2020 – January 2021
Applications open: Winter 2019; due September 2020
Credit: For Credit (must be transferred into Tufts)*
Program Fee: TBD
Choose from among several traveling seminars, each with a different intellectual field, course of study, and list of countries to visit! See the list below for a sample list of programs offered.
- Mediterranean Basin: join Tufts’ own Prof. Bruce Hitchner and Prof. Matthew Harrington for an intellectual and cultural experience on this seminar focused on Greece, Italy, and France in Greco-Roman Antiquity. Through lectures and discussions of history, archaeology, art, and classical literature combined with experiential visits to archaeological sites and museums, this seminar introduces students to the cultural, political, socio-economic, and artistic legacy of the Ancient World. The seminar includes study tours of Athens, Delphi, Rome, Pompeii, Paestum, the Vatican Museum, Florence, Aix-en-Provence, Arles, Nimes, and the Pont du Gard.
- American Diplomacy: France, Tunisia, Belgium
- Europe and the Islamic World: Morocco, Spain, France, Gibraltar
- Great Cities: France, England, Czech Republic, Italy
- International Business: France, Morocco, Belgium, Germany
- Mediterranean Ecology: Spain, France
- North African Studies: Morocco, Tunisia
- Psychology of Peace and Conflict: Morocco, Spain, France, Gibraltar
- Sports & Society in Europe: England, Spain
- Theatre Alive: England, Ireland, Scotland
- Wine, Gastronomy & Sustainability: France, Spain
* Winter Abroad Note: All Winter Abroad programs are facilitated by International American University; Tufts Arts & Sciences and Engineering students may apply for transfer credit through the non-Tufts Study Abroad process; be sure to check requirements on pre-approval for credit with your advisor.